Our first water polo game is less than 2 weeks away! As we prepare for game season, we have a few requests and reminders:
- If you have not already, please be sure to turn in your player’s sports physical form. We must have a form on file for your child to participate in the games.
- We will be asking for volunteers to assist in various roles for the games. You will volunteer using Sign-up Genius. More information on volunteer needs to come!
- Our team is required to provide two table worker parent volunteers for each game (so we need a lot of volunteers!). We encourage all parents to take the table worker training. If you are brand new to the sport, do not be intimidated! Being a table worker is a great way to learn the game, and you get a front row seat to the action! We are fortunate that the league is hosting two table worker trainings at the Cumming Aquatic Center next weekend (8/12 and 8/13). The training is from 8am-10am and you can pick which day you want to attend. Other dates also are available, but at a different location. To RSVP for the training and see other date/location options, go to http://www.gapolo.com/table-clinic-rsvp. Please consider attending one of these trainings if at all possible. If you have questions about volunteering as a table worker, contact Laura Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Randy Kiser (email@example.com).
- Please be sure your player arrives on time for the games. The coaches will let players know what time they should arrive. Generally it will be 30 minutes before their game. However, players will need to arrive earlier (60 minutes before game) when we are responsible for helping to set-up the pool. Our players will be helping with set-up before games hosted at the Cumming Aquatic Center and for games at other locations when our team will be playing in the first game of the day. When we are scheduled for the last game of the day, our players will also assist with putting the pool back together and cleaning up.
- The league wants parents to know that Referee feedback forms are available on their website. If you have comments about refereeing in general or a particular referee following a game, comments can be submitted here. Please remember to follow good sportsman principles during the games, keeping comments positive and never singling out a referee. Remember that referees do not have the same view of what is happening on deck compared to what you can see from the stands. GHSWPA referees are volunteers, so let’s always treat them with respect and be thankful for their service to the league. The game could not go on without them!
- Our Team Handbook is available on our website here https://forsythpolo.com/forms/. Included in the handbook is a list of committees (p6) and the current Parent Board officers and Committee Chairs (p11). We still need volunteers for all our committees, so please take a look and let us know how you’d like to get involved! You can contact any board member or committee chair, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last, don’t forget our season opener party is this Saturday at 5:30pm! Details are in the Evite you should have received via e-mail. If you did not receive it, contact us at email@example.com.