Hello Forsyth Water Polo Parents, there are some important upcoming dates we wanted to make sure you have on your calendars.
This Weekend’s Games
We have lots of games this weekend, so please make sure you have checked the team calendar closely for teams, times, and locations. Our teams will be playing at 3 different pools on Saturday! On Sunday, all games take place at Mountainview. Please note the times and locations for all your games, and check the GHSWPA website (www.gapolo.com) for venue addresses.
With so many games taking place, it will be VERY IMPORTANT that we have lots of parent volunteers to work the table at each game. Please respond to the Sign Up email sent out this evening from Randy Kiser.
State Tournament Dates
Each Forsyth team will compete in the State Tournament for its Division.
- The Div 2 (B Team) and Div 3 (C Team) State Tournament will take place Sept. 29-30 at Dynamo. (*Please note that this is the weekend following Forsyth County School’s Fall Break!)
- The Div 1 (A Team) and Girls State Tournament will take place Oct. 6-7 at Cumming Aquatic Center.
End of Season Party
The Mullis family has graciously offered to host our Fall Season Party once again. The party will take place October 13 from 6:30p-8:30p with an outdoor movie showing to follow. More information coming soon!
Upcoming Volunteer Dates
Our Volunteer Chair, Amy Saindon, is busy arranging fun service activities for our athletes. More information will be forthcoming, and feel free to speak to Amy at games or practices about these opportunities.
- On October 27, you can assist as a Buddy with Miracle League between 9a – 2p. Miracle League coordinates softball games for special needs youth, and games will take place at Coal Mountain Park.
- On November 11, we will once again volunteer with Meals by Grace.
Yes, we’re already looking forward to Spring! The Season will run from February 23 through May 4.
- Spring Recruitment Clinic: Planned for Saturday, February 16, 10:00am-Noon
- First practice of Spring Season: Saturday, February 23, 10:00am-Noon
- Spring Practice times: